Friday, August 3, 2012

Cabinets

I've started on the storage cabinets.  The two against the sidewalls will have doors and the center opening will remain open with an electrical panel in the back, with switches for the 12v system, a 12v cigarette lighter socket,  and a 230vac outlet.
A flat panel on drawer slides will be mounted tight under the cabinets to hold a laptop computer for movies etc.

A headboard / storage  cabinet at the forward end of the cabin.  There are doors for this one also.

The main shelf /workbench in the galley.  The stove will be on a drawer under this shelf on the left side with two more drawers on the right half.  Storage cabinets will go up against the bulkhead wall with a small compartment on the right to hold the AC circuit breakers and battery charger.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome craftsmanship! Ive been building one in my head for a few years now. I think im going to skip the hatch, it adds alot of appeal, but for my style I would rather have the interior space. Great thing about building your own. What I notice is, as is expected, everyone leans more toward their craft as to the technique of build. Im a painter and my method that I have in mind is similar to yours. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Gary. I have been this close to starting one of these for years. Ran into a bunch of them at a state park near here a while back. They look the same but they are all different. Yours too. I'll be curious to know how the seal on the rear and door seals work. My take is that you have to account for air flow to work as a seal alone does not seem feasible. But I could be wrong. - Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be very interested to see how well I've sealed the hatch and doors. My insistence on a large radius between the sides and top make the sealing at the corners more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its alright, boys, there are plenty of drain holes if he screws up...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary,

    Nice progress! As for the hatch seal, I've determined to build an interlocking system where the trailer side has a "U" shape, inside leg facing up, and the hatch itself has a downward-facing "L" with the short leg of the "L" being vertical and engaging the interior of the "U". The result should be an interlocking system with a foam member at the top of the assembly providing the primary waterproofing, and any water penetrating that barrier being led to the rear and down, out of the hatch.

    Emmitt

    ReplyDelete